Saturday, February 26, 2011

MOVING FORWARD

Hello and welcome to my blog.

I think that most of the mechanical background stuff is now in place. New computer, reliable data service and easy data manipulation. Much easier to have the basic tools working with you.

I am happy with the "system" I have developed to help identify market opportunities although it probably does not have the so called "edge" that is often mentioned. I may be lured back into just another indicator land but I do not think so. I am also satisfied with the money management controls I have in place. The next step is to develop a market view to bring the whole process together.

By market view I mean a state of mind which makes the market a friendly place and the game both entertaining and enjoyable to play. If viewed as a job and as grunt work then the process of trading becomes a chore and not a pleasure. Success seems more likely if the experince is enjoyable.

The view I plan to adopt is that of a sporting team scout. All the stocks are potential candidates for the team. The scan I use culls out a selection of players that meet the cut. Since this initial scan is far from perfect the culled group is culled further by visually checking each candidate. This final selection is then monitored for performance. If the performance is not as expected then the selection is turfed. If the performance is as expected then a trade is entered.

By using the MetaStock Explorer, Excel and the List Creator the above operations are easy. The key is bringing myself to the game.

I will post the selections I come up with in future posts and also any of the trades that I make.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment