Sunday, March 20, 2011

NINJATRADER DEMARK

Hello and welcome to my blog.

All references to specific securities on this blog are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to be, and should not be interpreted as recommendations to purchase or sell any of these securities. The views expressed herein are not intended as investment advice and should not be construed as such. Due diligence is your responsibility. If you need professional investment advice then find a professional.

Two steps up and one back. The last couple of weeks I have been exploring the Thomas DeMark Sequential. Take a compass for this adventure. Boiled down I think I will take away the very basics and leave what seems to be endless qualifiers behind. Look at some of the trees but remember the forest. The trees I plan to look at are the SETUP which is the 1-9 count, the COUNTDOWN which is the 1-13 count, and the use of where these are as potential support or resistance markers.

I did find out that I am unable to scan for Sequential with MetaStock. This means I have to visually look for the numbers on the charts that show up after my scans. I also wrote a couple of scripts of the Sequential to show where the start of the Sell setup is. Ended up with erroneous results. I plan to go back and play with this and see what I come up with.

Overall the time has been well spent despite some reservations towards the Sequential. I do like having the numbers on the charts to provide a guide and the next week or so will be spent letting the whole concept gel in my brain.

During my DeMark searching I did come across a free charting program that I plan to use in conjuncture with MetaStock. It is NinjaTrader and it is pretty darn good. Link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ Sometimes a change of view changes your thoughts. The charts below were created using NinjaTrader. Check it out for yourself.

The three stocks I plan to monitor for performance over the next couple of weeks are LRG.V, URA.V, and ADE.V. The charts are below. My time is limited or I would have come up with a couple of more. For now I will see how these ones perform.

PS. I am also going to monitor AMC.TO but do not have a chart right now. Maybe later. The top indicator on the charts is a BOP and the price setting is using blocks. New views new ideas.

Thank you for your time.

AMC.TO added.








No comments:

Post a Comment