Friday, March 11, 2011

TDM SEQUENTIAL

Hello and welcome to my blog.

All references to specific securities on this blog are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to be, and should not be interpreted as recommendations to purchase or sell any of these securities. The views expressed herein are not intended as investment advice and should not be construed as such. Due diligence is your responsibility. If you need professional investment advice then find a professional.

I have decided to add yet another indicator to what I am doing. It is the Thomas DeMark Sequential (TDMS). You can google around and find all the codes for yourself. I looked at this indicator years ago and found it confusing and I also could not code it to MetaStock. Now I think I have figured it out.

In my view it is a trend indicator that sequences you to a point that shows when the trend has ended and you can enter a trade opposite to that trend. Since I am only interested in long entry trades I set up the TDMS to give buy signals. This means that the sequence starts with a sell signal and then maps out two stages of a down move. The first stage starts with the sell signal and then counts up to 9. Once this stage ends the second stage begins with a count up to 13. When this second stage ends a couple of different buy signals may show up. These signals do not always appear and other criteria can be used to determine an entry.

1. Sell Signal: Start of Stage 1.
2. Stage 1: Usually a pronounced down move. Counts up to 9.
3. Stage 2: Leveling off of down move to sideways. Counts up to 13.
4. Buy Signal: Does not always show up. Can use other entry signals.

Since the TDMS buy signals after the 13 count do not always show up you can look for other signals to enter the market. This is what I plan to do. Watch for the 13 and then be alert for an up move based on other signals.

One of the nice things about the sequencing is being able to watch for an increase in the numbers. If I am looking at a chart that is the result of one of my scans and I see a 10, 11, or 12 on the chart then I can keep a watch for the 13 to show up in the future. Another nice thing with the TDMS is that I can ignore a lot of the stocks from a scan that do not have any sequential records on them.

All Thomas DeMark Sequential indicator stuff shown here is the work of Thomas DeMark. Thank you Thomas DeMark.

Thank you for your time.

The last stock in the video is UMJ.TO. Time ran out but it is one I will place on a watch list since it gave a count 13 a few days ago. A point to watch will be the Darvas Box Low for possible support.

Again the video here does not want to work. Here is a link.
http://screenr.com/SIJ


No comments:

Post a Comment